After installing lxc 4.0.11, no container starts

Saint Michael

Oct 23, 2021, 4:55:03 PM10/23/21
to LXC users mailing-list
lxc-start: demo: conf.c: lxc_setup_rootfs_prepare_root: 3946 Failed to
setup rootf
lxc-attach --version
4.0.11
the container is not inherited, it was created a few minutes ago:

lxc.include = /share/lxc/config/common.conf
lxc.arch = x86_64

Container specific configuration

lxc.rootfs.path = dir:/var/lib/lxc/demo/rootfs
lxc.uts.name = demo

Network configuration

lxc.net.0.type = veth
lxc.net.0.link = br0
lxc.net.0.flags = up
lxc.net.0.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:8f:66:46

ls /var/lib/lxc/demo -hls
total 8.0K
4.0K -rw-r----- 1 root root 737 Oct 23 16:35 config
0 drwxr-xr-x 18 root root 239 Oct 23 16:35 rootfs

Selinux is off
getenforce
Disabled

This is Centos 8

what is keeping any containers at all to start?

Christian Brauner

Oct 25, 2021, 4:04:49 AM10/25/21
to Saint Michael, LXC users mailing-list
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 04:54:50PM -0400, Saint Michael wrote:
> lxc-start: demo: conf.c: lxc_setup_rootfs_prepare_root: 3946 Failed to
> setup rootf
> lxc-attach --version
> 4.0.11
> the container is not inherited, it was created a few minutes ago:

Hey, can you show me the full trace log, please, i.e.

lxc-start <container> -l trace -o <file.log>

and then give me the contents of file.log, please?

Thanks!
Christian

> lxc.include = /share/lxc/config/common.conf
> lxc.arch = x86_64
>
> Container specific configuration
>
> lxc.rootfs.path = dir:/var/lib/lxc/demo/rootfs
> lxc.uts.name = demo
>
> Network configuration
>
> lxc.net.0.type = veth
> lxc.net.0.link = br0
> lxc.net.0.flags = up
> lxc.net.0.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:8f:66:46
>
> ls /var/lib/lxc/demo -hls
> total 8.0K
> 4.0K -rw-r----- 1 root root 737 Oct 23 16:35 config
> 0 drwxr-xr-x 18 root root 239 Oct 23 16:35 rootfs
>
> Selinux is off
> getenforce
> Disabled
>
> This is Centos 8
>
> what is keeping any containers at all to start?

Saint Michael

Oct 26, 2021, 2:17:56 AM10/26/21
to Christian Brauner, LXC users mailing-list
I decided to erase the box and install an Operating System with good
support for containers.
But the developers should offer a *.rpm for Centos 8. One that would
offer the latest version available.
It turns out to be impossible to install LXC 4.XX on Centos 8 from
sources, which restricts the technology to Debian derivatives.
Thanks to all for your help.