lxc-attach and execute multiple commands

Saint Michael

May 15, 2021, 6:43:00 PM5/15/21
to LXC users mailing-list
I have been trying hard to execute changes commands this way

lxc-attach -n "$container" -e -- first_commnad;second_command
or
  lxc-attach -n "$container" -e -- first_commnad\;second_command
or
  lxc-attach -n "$container" -e -- "first_commnad;second_command"

but the second command never executes inside the container. lxc-attach does not accept the double-quoted string, just a single command.
How would you do this?

Narcis Garcia

May 16, 2021, 5:44:14 AM5/16/21
to lxc-...@lists.linuxcontainers.org
You may need to use a Bash call:

lxc-attach -n "$container" -e -- sh -c "first_commnad;second_command"

Narcis Garcia