Which spark-cassandra-connector should be used with DSE 6.18 ?

Alex G

Oct 12, 2021, 11:57:46 AM10/12/21
to DataStax Spark Connector for Apache Cassandra
Hello all community,

We are trying to switch from Apache Cassandra 3.11 to DSE 6.18.15
but our spark-streaming job is failing :

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.UnresolvedUserTypeException: Cannot resolve user type system_distributed.duration
at com.datastax.driver.core.DataTypeCqlNameParser.parse(DataTypeCqlNameParser.java:147)

Please share how to find appropriate spark-сassandra driver which would work with our code ?
Previously we have used this one (2.11/2.4.2) and everything is working fine on prod.

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.datastax.spark</groupId>
    <artifactId>spark-cassandra-connector_2.11</artifactId>
    <version>2.4.2</version>
</dependency>

Thank you for help.

Alex Ott

Oct 14, 2021, 7:31:14 AM10/14/21
to DataStax Spark Connector for Apache Cassandra
You may try following dependency instead (if you're running on Spark that is part of DSE):

<dependency>
<groupId>com.datastax.dse</groupId>
<artifactId>dse-spark-dependencies</artifactId>
<version>${dse.spark.version}</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

I don't remember what version is in 6.8, most probably 2.4, but it could be heavily modified.

With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
http://alexott.net/
Twitter: alexott_en (English), alexott (Russian)