[Release] Spark Cassandra Connector 2.5.1 and 3.0.0-beta available!

Jaroslaw Grabowski

Jul 13, 2020, 12:33:15 PM7/13/20
to spark-conn...@lists.datastax.com
The Spark Cassandra Connector 2.5.1 patch release fixes bugs that occurred when using the Connector in cloud environments.

This release comes in two flavors: spark-cassandra-connector and spark-cassandra-connector-assembly. The former is not assembled: all of its dependencies are listed in the corresponding pom.xml file. The latter is an assembled JAR with some of the dependencies shaded. We are going to maintain the assembled JAR for environments with conflicting dependencies. We recommend using the assembled JAR in Databricks Cloud.

The 3.0.0-beta release contains Spark 3.0 support, including the new DataSource v2 implementation.

If you are curious what kind of goodies the new 3.0.0 beta brings, check out this excellent talk from Russell Spitzer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtFWVcuqm0g or this doc https://github.com/datastax/spark-cassandra-connector/blob/master/doc/14_data_frames.md.

Please send us feedback, feature requests, or bug reports on this mailing list and we'll get to them as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Datastax Spark Cassandra Connector Team