Re: Compatibility issue Connector 3.0.0 and Databricks 7.3LTS

Russell Spitzer

Oct 15, 2020, 1:26:40 PM10/15/20
to DataStax Spark Connector for Apache Cassandra
Looks like you need to shade a bunch of things rather than just including the raw dependencies. There are collisions with at least TypeSafe Config but there will probably be ones with other deps as well. I would suggest using the maven package which shade a bunch of things rather than building your own jar. It's usually the wrong thing to do if you have to list out the dependencies by hand.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 12:22 PM Nishant J <ico...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any compatibility issue between the Connector and Databricks 7.3LTS (Spark 3.0.1, Scala 2.12). I created a cluster with spark connector (spark-cassandra-connector_2.12-3.0.0.jar) and all its transient dependencies however I get this error on a simple select statement -

java.io.IOException: Failed to open native connection to Cassandra at {10.255.7.60:9042} :: com.typesafe.config.impl.ConfigImpl.newSimpleOrigin(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/typesafe/config/ConfigOrigin;

ROOT cause -
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.typesafe.config.impl.ConfigImpl.newSimpleOrigin(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/typesafe/config/ConfigOrigin; at com.typesafe.config.ConfigOriginFactory.newSimple(ConfigOriginFactory.java:42)

I uploaded the connector jar and all of its dependencies to the cluster. Here is the list of dependencies that maven pulled for me -

HdrHistogram-2.1.11.jar
commons-lang3-3.9.jar
config-1.3.4.jar
java-driver-core-shaded-4.7.2.jar
java-driver-mapper-runtime-4.7.2.jar
java-driver-query-builder-4.7.2.jar
java-driver-shaded-guava-25.1-jre-graal-sub-1.jar
javatuples-1.2.jar
jcip-annotations-1.0-1.jar
jsr305-3.0.2.jar
metrics-core-4.0.5.jar
native-protocol-1.4.10.jar
paranamer-2.8.jar
reactive-streams-1.0.2.jar
scala-library-2.12.11.jar
scala-reflect-2.12.11.jar
slf4j-api-1.7.26.jar
spark-cassandra-connector-driver_2.12-3.0.0.jar
spark-cassandra-connector_2.12-3.0.0.jar
spotbugs-annotations-3.1.12.jar

Nishant J

Oct 15, 2020, 2:15:21 PM10/15/20
to DataStax Spark Connector for Apache Cassandra, russell...@gmail.com
Thanks for the reply. Not sure I follow when you say "maven package". Is it a shaded version of the 3.0 connector? If so, can you point me to the coordinates to it in a repository.
I didn't assemble the dependencies by hand, but just let maven collect all the transitive dependencies when I added the com.datastax.spark:spark-cassandra-connector_2.12:3.0.0 to my pom.

Alex Ott

Oct 16, 2020, 4:23:58 AM10/16/20
to DataStax Spark Connector for Apache Cassandra, russell...@gmail.com
It's answered in the another thread - check there.
--
With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
http://alexott.net/