[Release] DataStax Python Driver 3.21.0 for Apache Cassandra

Alan Boudreault

Jan 15, 2020, 3:12:02 PM1/15/20
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

Today we've released Python Driver 3.21.0 for Apache Cassandra. This release marks
an important milestone: the unification of the OSS and DSE drivers (including
the Graph Extension).

For more details about this unified driver, please refer to our blog post:

https://www.datastax.com/blog/2020/01/better-drivers-for-cassandra

- For existing cassandra-driver users, there is no noticeable change except a
  new dependency: geomet which is required for DSE geo types.

- For dse-driver users: make sure to follow our upgrading guide to migrate your
  applications to this new driver: https://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/python-driver/latest/upgrading/

In addition, this release also includes other new features: wheel binaries for faster installation,
Python 3.8 support, the Twisted+Evenlet cloud support and asynchronous queries execution with
the Graph Fluent API.

You can find the new docs for these releases here:
- http://docs.datastax.com/en/landing_page/doc/landing_page/current.html
- CHANGELOG: https://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/python-driver/latest/CHANGELOG/

Many thanks to all who educated fellow community members, made feature requests,
contributed code, wrote documentation, and reported bugs. We encourage you to get involved too:

- Discuss the driver and ask questions:
  - Datastax Community: https://community.datastax.com/
- Review and contribute source code and documentation:
  - Driver for Apache Cassandra: https://github.com/datastax/python-driver
- Report issues on JIRA: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/PYTHON

Thanks,
The Python Driver Team