Providing ARM Python Wheel

Andrew Blum

Jan 4, 2023, 3:00:45 PM1/4/23
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,
Is there an intent to provide python wheels for the ARM architecture? I combed through a couple of PRs and closed issues, and I would expect to see a wheel built for ARM, however, when doing pip install Cassandra-driver, it ends up having to build the driver by other means.

PRs/Issues of interest:

Thanks,
Andrew

Bret McGuire

Jan 4, 2023, 3:35:53 PM1/4/23
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List, Andrew Blum
   Thanks for the question Andrew!

   As a result of work done on PYTHON-1278 we currently have ARM wheels available for Python 3.7 and 3.8.  You can confirm this by looking at the available files displayed on pypi and looking for "*aarch64.whl" files.

   PYTHON-1295 extended our support for wheel builds to Python 3.9 and 3.10 (although these Python versions are not officially supported by the package yet).  We did not include ARM builds for 3.9 and 3.10 as part of that work although I'm certainly happy to consider it in the future.

   What version of Python are you using?

   Thanks again!

   - Bret -

Andrew Blum

Jan 4, 2023, 8:07:36 PM1/4/23
to Bret McGuire, DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Bret,
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it turned out that we were using a pinned version of the package. A simple update of the requirements  seemed to get us where we needed to be.
Thanks for the quick response.
--
Andrew Blum
Manager Site Reliability Engineering - Platform Engineering

5 Bryant Park
New York, NY 10018

grubhub.com | fb | tw

Bret McGuire

Jan 5, 2023, 12:40:20 AM1/5/23
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List, Andrew Blum, DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List, Bret McGuire
   Excellent, glad to hear it Andrew!

  - Bret -