javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: The client supported protocol versions [TLSv1.3] are not accepted by server preferences [TLS12, SSL20Hello]

Manpreet

Dec 8, 2021, 11:05:35 AM12/8/21
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,

ERROR:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: The client supported protocol versions [TLSv1.3] are not accepted by server preferences [TLS12, SSL20Hello]

Please provide the following info:

  1.  Datastax Python driver version
  2.  The setting in the python code
  3.  Datastax Cassandra DSE version on the server

Current Cassandra DSE server version: 5.1.17

Current Datastax Python driver: 3.9

 Please help me this issue.

Bret McGuire

Dec 9, 2021, 3:18:20 PM12/9/21
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List, Manpreet
   Greetings Manpreet!  This error indicates that your client is trying to use TLS 1.3 to communicate with the server but the server only supports TLS 1.2 (and what appears to be an earlier SSL version).  It sounds like you successfully completed the steps in my earlier response and got TLS 1.3 working on your Python installation but now you need to get TLS 1.3 support enabled on the server as well.  That's no longer a driver issue so I think the fastest way to get this working for you would be to open a ticket with DataStax Support.  They should be able to help you configure you DSE server to properly support TLS 1.3.

  - Bret -