Ubuntu 16.04 and libssl dependancy

Thomas

Aug 28, 2017, 8:17:33 AM8/28/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi everyone,

Have someone already tried to install the PHP driver v1.3.2 using Ubuntu packages on Ubuntu 16.04 ?
It keeps complaining it required libssl1.0.2 while libssl1.0.0 is the only available package on this version (even if it really contains libssl1.0.2).

How did you fix that ?

Thanks !

Poul Møller Hansen

Aug 28, 2017, 8:45:11 AM8/28/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Not on Ubuntu 16.04, but I have followed this on Debian Stretch which should go for Ubuntu as well.

sudo apt install git libgmp-dev autoconf php-dev

# dev drivers is needed, to compile php extension
wget http://downloads.datastax.com/cpp-driver/ubuntu/16.04/cassandra/v2.7.0/cassandra-cpp-driver_2.7.0-1_amd64.deb
wget http://downloads.datastax.com/cpp-driver/ubuntu/16.04/dependencies/libuv/v1.13.1/libuv_1.13.1-1_amd64.deb
wget http://downloads.datastax.com/cpp-driver/ubuntu/16.04/cassandra/v2.7.0/cassandra-cpp-driver-dev_2.7.0-1_amd64.deb
wget http://downloads.datastax.com/cpp-driver/ubuntu/16.04/dependencies/libuv/v1.13.1/libuv-dev_1.13.1-1_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i cassandra-cpp-driver_2.7.0-1_amd64.deb libuv_1.13.1-1_amd64.deb cassandra-cpp-driver-dev_2.7.0-1_amd64.deb libuv-dev_1.13.1-1_amd64.deb

git clone https://github.com/datastax/php-driver.git
cd php-driver/ext
phpize
./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

Poul

Thomas

Aug 28, 2017, 8:51:37 AM8/28/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,
Thanks for your message :-)
Unfortunately, Stretch already includes libssl 1.1.0 which fullfill the requirement of libssl > 1.0.0

Michael Fero

Aug 28, 2017, 1:11:02 PM8/28/17
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hello Thomas,

The Apache Cassandra PHP Driver/Exetension requires OpenSSL v1.0.x due to the DataStax C/C++ driver dependency for Cassandra; only OpenSSL v1.0.x is currently supported. To get this to work correctly you will want to build and install the latest OpenSSL v1.0.x. If you install the OpenSSL library into a non-standard system directory you will want to create an LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable which points to those OpenSSL so files before executing your PHP instance (CLI or webserver).

~Fero

Thomas

Aug 29, 2017, 4:33:01 AM8/29/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. When I try to install the cassandra-cpp-driver, I get an error saying that it depends on a package named "libssl1.0.2". This package doesn't exist officially in Ubuntu 16.04.
However, "libssl1.0.0" exists and includes libssl v1.0.2.

So what I try to say is that cassandra-cpp-driver should require libssl1.0.0 in his Ubuntu 16.04 package :-)

Here is the message :

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of cassandra-cpp-driver:

 cassandra-cpp-driver depends on libssl1.0.2 (>= 1.0.2d); however:

  Package libssl1.0.2 is not installed

And :

:~# apt-cache show libssl1.0.0

Package: libssl1.0.0

Section: libs

Installed-Size: 3402

Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-dev...@lists.ubuntu.com>

Architecture: amd64

Source: openssl

Version: 1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.8

I can install libssl1.0.2 manually but I think it is not a solution here ;-)

Thanks !

Thomas

Thomas

Sep 5, 2017, 7:43:15 AM9/5/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

It seems that nobody tested the packages on Ubuntu 16.04 ?

I will report the bug on cassandra-cpp-driver...

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>

Architecture: amd64

Source: openssl

Version: 1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.8

I can install libssl1.0.2 manually but I think it is not a solution here ;-)

Thanks !

Thomas

Kyungmi Koong

Sep 5, 2017, 11:04:57 PM9/5/17
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
2017년 9월 5일 화요일 오후 8시 43분 15초 UTC+9, Thomas Lété 님의 말:

I have the exactly same problem.

I hope this problem is resolved soon.

> Hi,
>

> It seems that nobody tested the packages on Ubuntu 16.04 ?
>

> I will report the bug on cassandra-cpp-driver...
>

> Thanks for your help
>

> Thomas

> Hi Michael,
>

> Thanks for your reply. When I try to install the cassandra-cpp-driver, I get an error saying that it depends on a package named "libssl1.0.2". This package doesn't exist officially in Ubuntu 16.04.
> However, "libssl1.0.0" exists and includes libssl v1.0.2.
>

> So what I try to say is that cassandra-cpp-driver should require libssl1.0.0 in his Ubuntu 16.04 package :-)
>

> Here is the message :
>

> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of cassandra-cpp-driver:
>
>  cassandra-cpp-driver depends on libssl1.0.2 (>= 1.0.2d); however:
>
>   Package libssl1.0.2 is not installed
>

> And :
>

> :~# apt-cache show libssl1.0.0
> Package: libssl1.0.0
> Architecture: amd64
> Source: openssl

> Version: 1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.8
>

> I can install libssl1.0.2 manually but I think it is not a solution here ;-)
> Thanks !
> Thomas

> Hello Thomas,
>

> The Apache Cassandra PHP Driver/Exetension requires OpenSSL v1.0.x due to the DataStax C/C++ driver dependency for Cassandra; only OpenSSL v1.0.x is currently supported. To get this to work correctly you will want to build and install the latest OpenSSL v1.0.x. If you install the OpenSSL library into a non-standard system directory you will want to create an LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable which points to those OpenSSL so files before executing your PHP instance (CLI or webserver).
>

> ~Fero

Thomas

Sep 6, 2017, 4:38:06 AM9/6/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com

Michael Penick

Sep 6, 2017, 8:25:11 AM9/6/17
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Thomas <bis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

It seems that nobody tested the packages on Ubuntu 16.04 ?

The cpp-driver deb packages are used to build the php driver packages.

[...]

Michael Penick

Sep 6, 2017, 8:32:22 AM9/6/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
How are you installing the packages? (so I can attempt to reproduce)

Does running the following, "apt-get install libssl1.0.0",  before installing the cpp-driver packages work?

Installing the package "libssl1.0.0" installs ssl library version 1.0.2: https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libssl&searchon=names&suite=xenial&section=all

Mike

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 4:32 AM, Thomas <bis...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Michael Penick

Sep 6, 2017, 8:46:51 AM9/6/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
I've reproduced the issue. Now I'm working to fix it.

Mike

Thomas

Sep 6, 2017, 8:47:33 AM9/6/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Thanks Michael :-)

I've reproduced the issue. Now I'm working to fix it.

Mike

Michael Penick

Sep 6, 2017, 9:41:58 AM9/6/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Our build VM was misconfigured. Updated packages pushed to http://downloads.datastax.com/cpp-driver/ubuntu/16.04/cassandra/v2.7.0/

Mike

Thomas

Sep 6, 2017, 9:52:07 AM9/6/17
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Great ! Thanks Michael I'll test that ASAP :)