Unable to load dynamic library php_dse.dll

LucasGD

Nov 7, 2018, 7:13:00 PM11/7/18
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install the DSE-PHP-Driver on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise OS machine, running IIS 7, but i'm having some trouble:

I started downloading the driver from:

http://downloads.datastax.com/php-driver/windows/dse/v1.1.1/

The one i choosed was:

dse-php-driver-1.1.1-7.1-nts-vc14-x86.zip

Because my PHP is 7.1 version, TS disabled (NTS), compiled with VC14 and x86 platform.

After that:

- copied the php_dse.dll to the \ext\ directory listed in my PHP Info.
- added at the final of php.ini: extension=php_dse.dll

So, i tought it was all ok, but, when i created a .php command line script and tried to ran i got this message:

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v7.1\ext\php_dse.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

After that i tried to figure out what could be wrong:

- gave all permissions to Everyone in the php_dse.dll: didn't work
- put the php_dse.dll in \windows, \windows\system32, \windows\SysWOW64, \windows\system: didn't work

Does php_dse.dll has any dependency that i have to install before?

Can anyone help on this?

Thank you all.

LucasGD

Nov 8, 2018, 10:50:51 PM11/8/18
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List

Hello everyone, i got it working.

What i had to do was put the Kerberos' DLLs in some place that can be found (in my case i put them in the PHP installation root directory).
The Kerberos package i used to get the DLLs from was "MIT Kerberos for Windows 4.1" from https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/kfw/4.1/kfw-4.1-i386.msi.

The DLLs that php_dse.dll has dependency are:

- wshelp32.dll
- k5sprt32.dll
- comerr32.dll
- krb5_32.dll
- gssapi32.dll

That's it!

Fero

Nov 9, 2018, 6:59:18 AM11/9/18
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Glad you were able to get it working.

Another thing you could do is install the MIT library using the installer defaults (or wherever you want) and then update your PATH to include the bin directory of the installation instead of copying the files around (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\MIT\Kerberos\bin or C:\Program Files\MIT\Kerberos\bin depending on the architecture).

~Fero