PHP pm.max_requests with cassandra

regis le bretonnic

Aug 30, 2017, 12:57:03 PM8/30/17
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,

we are implementing cassandra with php and we have a difficulty that we didn't anticipate.

Our fpm childs ends too often (max_request=500), which requires to recreate connections that have a too much performance cost for us (200ms).

We have 70 php servers with 50 fpm child (70x50=3500 simultanous connections). Our servers are well synchronise, and childs are respawned on all these servers in a short windows. The performance decrease during 3 min every 15 min because connections are re-establissed. When connections are established we have a very good performance.

Did someone in the mailing list have this problem in the past and found a solution with a magical php setting or a way to improve the connection time to c* ?
Thx in advance.

Regards