is cassandra dead for php?

ewm

Feb 11, 2020, 2:00:01 PM2/11/20
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hello
Has the php client been end of lifed? It appears that it does not work with recent php versions. Is this correct?

Michael Penick

Feb 13, 2020, 10:55:59 AM2/13/20
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi, It's not EOL, but it has been considered in maintenance mode and updated very infrequently. However, that could be changing soon. There's no timeline yet, but we're discussing plans to resume more active development of the driver. At first, that would likely include supporting the most up-to-date versions of PHP, upgrading to the latest C/C++ driver, and staying on top of community PRs.

Thanks,
Mike

Hello
Has the php client been end of lifed? It appears that it does not work with recent php versions. Is this correct?

ewm

Jun 23, 2020, 6:33:25 PM6/23/20
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List, Michael Penick
Hi folks,
Curious if there is an update. I understand priorities may have changed given the recent times.
Thanks

Alexandre Dutra

Jun 26, 2020, 10:25:41 AM6/26/20
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com, Michael Penick
Hi,

Indeed the current situation with covid has forced us to pause and revisit our priorities. Unfortunately for the PHP and C++ drivers, we are not in capacity right now to resume the development towards a new release. If you can build the driver on your own, that would be your best option currently. DataStax does not have visibility about when this situation could evolve in the near future.

Thanks,

Alex Dutra
--
Alexandre Dutra