PHP Driver and DS Bulk

Rik Davis

Dec 13, 2023, 11:34:10 AM12/13/23
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Does anyone know if the Cassandra PHP Driver makes use of dsbulk for batch execution or is it just broken down to a line-by-line execution into a Cassandra endpoint?
I need a very clear answer on this because this is part of a cost analysis investigation I am conducting for my company and the answer to this question will steer us in one of 3 directions.

Bret McGuire

Dec 13, 2023, 3:56:20 PM12/13/23
to DataStax PHP Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List, rik.da...@gmail.com
   Thanks for your question Rik!

   As mentioned on the Github repo the PHP driver is a PHP-friendly wrapper around the DataStax C/C++ driver.  That driver is used for all interactions with the Cassandra cluster; dsbulk is not used.

   - Bret -

Rik Davis

Dec 15, 2023, 11:00:34 PM12/15/23
to php-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Thank you, Bret. Sincerely appreciate that response. I'm assuming that if I were to run a benchmark of loading 100K records to Cassandra using dsbulk vs the PHP driver, that the performance would likely lean more in favor of dsbulk. Would this be a safe assumption?

Warmest regards,

Rik Davis