Dip in Performance for batch Query using driver version 3.11.3 (Cassandra 3.11.13 vs Cassandra 4.0.x)

manish khandelwal

Jul 26, 2023, 5:41:39 AM7/26/23
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi

We upgraded our Cassandra from Cassandra 3.11.13 to Cassandra 4.0.x. We are seeing dip in performance for one of the use case. We have a batch of 300 partitions being inserted. I know it is a  anti pattern but comparing the performance of 3.11.x with 4.0.x, we saw a dip in performance in Cassandra 4.0.x. Wanted to know that does native protocol version v5 has some restriction with respect to such anti patterns or does not perform. Or does Java driver version needs to be updated.

Regards
Manish