Configuring properly the driver for rolling restart clusters

Jean Carlo

May 16, 2022, 4:23:44 AM5/16/22
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
During some rolling restart, we faced some application doing timeouts.

Some request are in local_one and others in local_quorum, as my understanding, what we need to do is to use a retry policy on timeout or unavailable replica. But there was a discussion about migrating everything to local_quorum to avoid these timeouts. I think migrating to quorum will not fix this problem.

Am I correct ?

Erick Ramirez

May 16, 2022, 5:09:20 AM5/16/22
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Switching to QUORUM will make it worse, not better. Which version of the driver are you using?