[Release] DataStax C# Driver v3.20.1

Joao Reis

Mar 12, 2024, 11:37:54 AMMar 12
to DataStax C# Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,

Version 3.20.1 of the DataStax C# Driver for Apache Cassandra is now generally available.

This patch release fixes a build issue that could occur with .NET 7+ when using certain operators in LINQ queries.

We have updated the "Compatibility" section of the readme to include more details about the platforms that we use when testing the driver. You can also find this section in the repo.

Starting with this release, we now officially support the driver on .NET 6, .NET 7 and .NET 8. Datastax doesn't officially support the driver on .NET Core as we don't use .NET Core in our tests anymore (.NET Core is EOL). .NET 5 is also not used in our tests because it is also out of support.

The driver will keep targeting .NET Standard 2.0 for the foreseeable future so it should keep running on .NET Core as long as it targets .NET Standard 2.0 but it is not officially supported by Datastax.

Microsoft has retired versions 4.5.2, 4.6 and 4.6.1 of the .NET Framework but the driver still targets .NET Framework 4.5.2 for now. As this version has been retired by Microsoft, Datastax now only runs tests on .NET Framework 4.6.2+ (starting with this release of the driver)

The driver should keep running on these recently retired versions of .NET Framework as long as the driver targets .NET Framework 4.5.2 but we might change the target of the driver in the future to a non EOL version of .NET Framework like 4.6.2.

See the full list of improvements and bug fixes contained in this release below.

Bug fixes

  • [CSHARP-1007] Build fails with .NET 7+ when using operators with CqlFunction and Guid (in LINQ statements)

Other

  • [CSHARP-1008] Exclude target frameworks which are EOL from test projects and add newer ones
Check out the changelog and JIRA for more information.

The new version is available on nuget.org.

João Reis

w. www.datastax.com