addContactPointsWithPorts java driver equivalent

Reynaldo Díaz

Nov 12, 2023, 8:27:36 PM11/12/23
to DataStax C# Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List

Hi,

I guest I need addContactPointsWithPorts that is available in Java driver:

Can you add this funcionality to CassandraCSharpDriver so we can connect to cassandra on multicontainer docker in same host?

Joao Reis

Nov 13, 2023, 10:35:27 AM11/13/23
to csharp-dr...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

If you provide contact points as IPEndpoint objects then the driver will use the port associated with those objects instead of the "default" port.

Note that you'll need to be running a C* version that has support for the port "column" in the system peers table so that the driver can connect to the nodes after the initial connection to the contact point. Or you can add a custom address translator to "replace" the port if you're not using a C* version that has that support.

João Reis

w. www.datastax.com