Cassandra Driver Throttling

Jacob Gannon

May 27, 2021, 4:41:21 PM5/27/21
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hello,
We are currently using the driver to issue lots of asynchronous queries, and have been very impressed by the performance.  On our development system, we sometimes run into issues were queries are timing out.  We have set a very long timeout of 15 seconds, but are still getting timeouts.  This testing has all been done on a developer laptop, and the CPU is maxed out at 100% for quite a long time when this happens.  Are there any feedback mechanism in the driver that could be used to help our application throttle the rate at which it submits queries?
Thanks,
Jacob Gannon