DataStax C/C++ Driver latest version 2.16 is also compatible with application(C++98)

Deepti Sharma

Jan 2, 2023, 3:18:49 AM1/2/23
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List

Hello Team,

We have an Application following C++98 standard, compiled with gcc version 7.5.0 on SUSE Linux.

We are currently using DataStax C/C++ Driver(Version 2.6) and its working fine with application(C++98).

Now We have a requirement to update DataStax C/C++ Driver to latest version 2.16.

We want to know whether DataStax C/C++ Driver latest version 2.16 is also compatible with application(C++98)

Regards

Deepti

Bret McGuire

Jan 3, 2023, 12:23:18 AM1/3/23
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List, Deepti Sharma
   Thanks for the question Deepti!

   If you use gcc or clang and have specified CASS_USE_STD_ATOMIC you'll include references to std::atomic.  These in turn require C++11 so "-std=c++11" will be added to the compilation.  Aside from this case the compilation proceeds with defaults, which will be C++98 for gcc < 6.1.  Version 2.16 of the library aims to support gcc versions as old as 4.1.2 (with standard options) so I would expect you'd be okay as long as you avoid CASS_USE_STD_ATOMIC.

 - Bret -