[Release] OSS 2.17.1

Bret McGuire

Oct 26, 2023, 9:40:30 PM10/26/23
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com

Greetings all!  Today I’m pleased to announce the release of version 2.17.1 of the DataStax C/C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra®.

This release adds a new feature: support for a refresh interval for histogram metrics which parallels a similar feature in the DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra®.  Additional detail about this feature can be found in CPP-964.  This release also clarifies our support for OpenSSL 3.x in the C/C++ driver.  Finally we include a number of bug fixes and improvements, several of them coming from our awesome community of users!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to changes implemented for CPP-987 it’s now much more likely that the use of cass_ future_wait() in a callback will result in deadlock.  This is very much an anti-pattern and we’ve warned users about this potential danger for a very long time.  If you do make use of this pattern in your code we strongly encourage you to change it before upgrading to this version of the driver.

Links to available packages can be found below.  We’re still working on getting packages for Windows together but distributions for the Linux platforms should now be available.

Docs for this release are also just a bit delayed; we hope to have them up in the next few days.  Until that time you can find the full changelog and documentation on Github.

Issue

Summary

Type

CPP-991

Add support for extracting version info from OpenSSL 3.x in build output

Improvement

CPP-987

cass_future_wait does not respect registered callback

Bug

CPP-990

Be clearer about installed dependencies, specifically around OpenSSL 3.0

Improvement

CPP-988

cass_uuid_gen_time race condition generates duplicate uuidv1 keys

Bug

CPP-964

Add refresh-interval support for histogram metrics

Improvement

PR #538

Prioritize ${OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR} over system paths (diku89)

Bug

PR #535

Remove unreachable code (SeverinLeonhardt)

Improvement

PR #534

Fix signed/unsigned mismatch (SeverinLeonhardt)

Improvement

PR #533

Adapt MemoryOrder definition for C++ 20 (SeverinLeonhardt)

Improvement

v2.17.1

Docs and Windows packages coming soon!

Packages: