[Release] DataStax Python Driver Version 3.9.0

Jim Witschey

Apr 11, 2017, 3:03:42 PM4/11/17
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com
We've released version 3.9.0 of the DataStax Python driver for Apache Cassandra.

This release focuses primarily on bugfixes. You can find the changelog
for this release reproduced below, or linked here:

https://github.com/datastax/python-driver/blob/master/CHANGELOG.rst#390

Many thanks to all who contributed code, wrote documentation, made
feature requests, reported bugs, and educated fellow community
members. We encourage you to stay involved:

- Discuss the driver and ask questions:
- Mailing List:
https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/#!forum/python-driver-user
- IRC: #datastax-drivers on irc.freenode.net
- Review and contribute source code and documentation:
https://github.com/datastax/python-driver/
- Report issues on JIRA: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/PYTHON

Best,

Jim Witschey

3.9.0
=====

Features
--------
* cqlengine: remove elements by key from a map (PYTHON-688)

Bug Fixes
---------
* improve error handling when connecting to non-existent keyspace (PYTHON-665)
* Sockets associated with sessions not getting cleaned up on
session.shutdown() (PYTHON-673)
* rare flake on
integration.standard.test_cluster.ClusterTests.test_clone_shared_lbp
(PYTHON-727)
* MontonicTimestampGenerator.__init__ ignores class defaults (PYTHON-728)
* race where callback or errback for request may not be called (PYTHON-733)
* cqlengine: model.update() should not update columns with a default
value that hasn't changed (PYTHON-657)
* cqlengine: field value manager's explicit flag is True when queried
back from cassandra (PYTHON-719)

Other
-----
* Connection not closed in example_mapper (PYTHON-723)
* Remove mention of pre-2.0 C* versions from OSS 3.0+ docs (PYTHON-710)