Error during inserting data: NoHostAvailable:

Bartosz Bartniczak

Oct 7, 2016, 8:31:29 AM10/7/16
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List

I try to learn basics of Apache Cassandra. I found this simple example of application at https://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/ddl/ddl_music_service_c.html

So I created a keyspace, then I created a table, and now I am trying to add some data to the database.

But when I try to insert data I have got an error: "NoHostAvailable:" That's it. No more information.

NoHostAvailable

So far I've tried to update python driver (NoHostAvailable exception connecting to Cassandra from python) but it didn't work.

I have a Virtual Machine with XUbuntu on it. I am running cqlsh on this machine, so I connect to the local DB. There is only one node in a cluster.

I created tables via cqlsh but I cannot read(select) or write data to this tables. I think that there is a problem with the python driver but I cannot confirm that. The error has no message so it is hard to find an issue.

My current version of the driver is 3.7.0.

Could any one help me to find the problem, please?

Bartosz Bartniczak

Oct 7, 2016, 9:08:03 AM10/7/16
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com

OK. I've found the answer. The NetworkTopologyStrategy is not suited for running on a single node. After changing replication strategy on SimpleStrategy everything started to work.

pozdrawiam
Bartosz Bartniczak