Accessing internal timestamps

Josh England

Aug 26, 2016, 1:41:54 PM8/26/16
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
I'm migrating from an old version of Cassandra and related python code (using pycassa) to using Cassandra 3.0.5 and python-driver-3.2.1 with CQL.

In pycassa, I used to be able to get at the internal sstable timestamps by doing columnfamily.get_range(include_timestamps=true).  Is there a way to get at those timestamps using python-driver?

-JE

Andrew Mo

Aug 26, 2016, 1:46:04 PM8/26/16
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com

Josh,

You should be able to use WRITETIME(colname) with CQL 3 to get the internal write time/timestamp for a column value:

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/cql_using/use_writetime.html

Josh England

Aug 26, 2016, 1:49:42 PM8/26/16
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com
That's exactly what I need!  Thank you very much.

-JE