Python wheel for pypi

Леонтьев Пётр

Nov 14, 2016, 5:46:14 AM11/14/16
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hello.
Guys could you please tell me is that possible to make python cassandra-driver package available as wheel i.e. cassandra-driver.whl?  It takes a lot of time to compile the driver so I highly desire just to use wheel.

Best regards,
Peter

Alan Boudreault

Nov 14, 2016, 8:50:35 AM11/14/16
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

It is definitively in our plans to build wheels for major platforms. Not sure yet when we will tackle the task. See the following ticket: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/PYTHON-629

Regards,
Alan

Alan Boudreault
Software Engineer (Drivers) | alan.bo...@datastax.com

Greg Bestland

Nov 14, 2016, 9:29:47 AM11/14/16
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com
Peter,

If install time is a major issue for you, and you don't need the extra speed cython brings, you can always opt to install with no-cython enabled

Ether by adding a no-python flag: "python setup.py install --no-cython"

or using the CASS_DRIVER_NO_CYTHON environmental variable

"CASS_DRIVER_NO_CYTHON=1 pip install cassandra-driver"

This will skip the cythonization of the project and speed up the install.

Thanks,
Greg

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:46 AM, Леонтьев Пётр <leonte...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.
Guys could you please tell me is that possible to make python cassandra-driver package available as wheel i.e. cassandra-driver.whl?  It takes a lot of time to compile the driver so I highly desire just to use wheel.

Best regards,
Peter

Alan Boudreault
Software Engineer (Drivers) | alan.bo...@datastax.com

raian

Nov 14, 2016, 10:01:34 AM11/14/16
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com

Alan and Greg, thank you very much. This will definitely help me!

Best wishes,

Peter