[Release] DataStax Python Driver Version 2.6.0 Release Candidate 2

Adam Holmberg

Jun 25, 2015, 10:04:25 AM6/25/15
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com
Version 2.6.0c2 of the DataStax Python Driver has been released

This release includes a number of fixes resulting from our expanded Windows client testing. It also includes some other unrelated improvements and bug fixes. Again we're releasing "RC" so we can react to any changes in Cassandra ahead of GA.

A complete list of changes can be found in the changelog (reproduced below for your convenience).

Thanks to all who provided pull requests and bug reports for this release. Your engagement is appreciated.

Discuss the driver and ask questions:
     IRC: #datastax-drivers on irc.freenode.net
Review and contribute source code: https://github.com/datastax/python-driver/
Report issues on JIRA: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/PYTHON

Regards,
Adam Holmberg

----------------------
2.6.0c2 Changes
----------------------

Features
--------
* Automatic Protocol Version Downgrade (PYTHON-240)
* cqlengine Python 2.6 compatibility (PYTHON-288)
* Double-dollar string quote UDF body (PYTHON-345)
* Set models.DEFAULT_KEYSPACE when calling set_session (github #352)

Bug Fixes
---------
* Avoid stall while connecting to mixed version cluster (PYTHON-303)
* Make SSL work with AsyncoreConnection in python 2.6.9 (PYTHON-322)
* Fix Murmur3Token.from_key() on Windows (PYTHON-331)
* Fix cqlengine TimeUUID rounding error for Windows (PYTHON-341)
* Avoid invalid compaction options in CQL export for non-SizeTiered (PYTHON-352)