running cqlsh commands

Eslam ElHusseiny

Jun 30, 2016, 11:27:25 AM6/30/16
to DataStax Python Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi all,

I was trying to use the python driver to copy some tables to CSV files, but I've got the following error

<Error from server: code=2000 [Syntax error in CQL query] message="line 1:0 no viable alternative at input 'COPY' ([COPY]...)">

My question is it possible to run cqlsh commands especially `COPY` using the Cassandra python driver ?

Tyler Hobbs

Jun 30, 2016, 11:41:36 AM6/30/16
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Eslam ElHusseiny <eslam.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
My question is it possible to run cqlsh commands especially `COPY` using the Cassandra python driver ?

No, they have to be run through cqlsh.  The python driver doesn't do COPY or the other special commands on its own.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax