[Release] DataStax Python Driver 2.3.0 for DSE and 3.12.0 for Apache Cassandra released

Jim Witschey

Nov 6, 2017, 5:50:33 PM11/6/17
to python-dr...@lists.datastax.com
Hi all,

Today we released Python driver v2.3.0 for DSE and Python driver v3.12.0 for Apache Cassandra. In addition, we've released DSE Graph extensions v1.1.0 for DSE driver 2.3.0. You can find the docs for these releases here:

In our last release notes, I mentioned that we deprecated the WhiteListRoundRobinPolicy LBP. We have reversed this decision. While we still don't recommend static lists of IPs for most use cases, we will continue to provide this LBP for cases where it's necessary.

Many thanks to all who educated fellow community members, made feature requests, contributed code, wrote documentation, and reported bugs. We encourage you to stay involved:

- Discuss the driver and ask questions:
  - #datastax-drivers channel, DataStax Academy Slack: https://academy.datastax.com/slack
- Review and contribute source code and documentation:
  - Driver for DSE: https://github.com/datastax/python-dse-driver
  - Driver for Apache Cassandra: https://github.com/datastax/python-driver
- Report issues on JIRA: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/PYTHON

Best,