Wait hotspot on Unsafe.park

Joseph Anish Alex

Jul 12, 2016, 2:06:28 AM7/12/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

While doing load tests, noticed that a significant amount of time is spent in "wait" on Unsafe.park() . Please let me know if this is expected behavior and if any setting on driver side can be changed to reduce this. Attached is the trace from Dynatrace APM tool which shows the hotspot.

We are using cassandra-driver-core-2.1.9.jar and jdk1.8.0_40, and accessing DSE 4.6.7 server.

Thanks,
Joseph

Driver_wait.png

Kant Kodali

Jul 12, 2016, 2:10:13 AM7/12/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
That seems to me an expected behavior. I have seen that in many cases as well.

Andrew Tolbert

Jul 12, 2016, 4:36:31 PM7/12/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
That seems to me an expected behavior. I have seen that in many cases as well.

+1, exactly,  this just shows your thread being parked waiting for completion of the Future tied to your execute call.

Thanks,
Andy