Setting SSTable Repair Status

Razi Khaja

May 18, 2015, 10:38:20 AM5/18/15
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Is it possible to set sstable repair status using the cassandra driver? If this is not possible using the cassandra driver, how would I go about accomplishing this programatically?
-Razi

Olivier Michallat

May 18, 2015, 11:11:56 AM5/18/15
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi Razi,

No, you can't do that using the driver.

If you're interested in how the sstablerepairedset command is implemented, you can take a look at SSTableRepairedAtSetter.java in the Cassandra sources. Note that it requires Cassandra to be stopped (a good reason why it's not available through CQL), and only acts on local files.

You could reuse that code if your program runs on the server and has cassandra-all.jar in the classpath, but frankly I would be very very cautious about running such administrative commands programmatically. What are you trying to accomplish?

--

Olivier Michallat

Driver & tools engineer, DataStax