Datastax and Cassandra Java and nodejs client Driver

Sunil Kumar

Nov 2, 2017, 3:24:43 AM11/2/17
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi All,

Currently we are using DSE 4.8.8 and planning to upgrade it by version DSE 4.8.15.  There are two type application using current version DSE 4.8.8 1) Java application 2) nodejs client application.

Shall we need to upgrade java driver and nodejs driver as well according to DSE 4.8.15 ?

Please anyone advise ..

Thanks,
Sunil

Kevin Gallardo

Nov 2, 2017, 10:05:04 AM11/2/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hello,

Upgrading from DSE 4.8.8 to 4.8.15 shouldn't require a driver update.

However we always recommend updating to the latest drivers if possible since there can always be a bugfix or performance improvement that you could benefit from, also for DSE, we recommend using the DataStax Enterprise drivers if possible which are compatible with DSE from 4.8.0 to 5.1.0+.

Hope that helps.

Kévin Gallardo.
Software Developer in Drivers and Tools Team,
DataStax.

Sunil Kumar

Nov 3, 2017, 2:08:43 AM11/3/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com, kevin.g...@datastax.com
Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your response.

Could you kindly also share upgrade steps.  My installation is tarball DSE 4.8.8 and need to be upgraded DSE 4.8.15.

Regards,
Sunil

Kevin Gallardo

Nov 3, 2017, 10:31:45 AM11/3/17
to Sunil Kumar, java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

The upgrading process for 4.8 patch releases is described in this DataStax documentation page.

Thanks.