Codec Error

Karthick V

Nov 24, 2016, 1:16:38 PM11/24/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,
I was using prepared statement for insertion like " insert into sample ( col1 , col2 , col3 ) values( ? , ? , ? ) ; " and binding using object arraylist  "  bind(object... values) ". Most of time this works fine but rarely I get this exception

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.CodecNotFoundException: Codec not found for requested operation: [bigInt <-> java.lang.String]
at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.notFound(CodecRegistry.java:689)
at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.createCodec(CodecRegistry.java:550)
at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.findCodec(CodecRegistry.java:530)
at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.codecFor(CodecRegistry.java:485)
Message has been deleted

Karthick V

Nov 24, 2016, 1:20:37 PM11/24/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
PS: these exception occurs only when I restart the machine and I am using cassandra version 2.1.13 and Guava version 16.0.1

Michael Dykman

Nov 24, 2016, 1:31:56 PM11/24/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
I had some similar issues with Cassandra 2.1 a couple of years back.  The recommended path at that time was to either downgrade guava to 14.01 (not an option in my case), or upgrade to 17.0 which is what I did and never saw the error again.

 - michael dykman
 - mdy...@gmail.com

 May the Source be with you.

Olivier Michallat

Nov 28, 2016, 11:25:37 AM11/28/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
@Karthick do you alter your table at runtime?

--

Olivier Michallat

Driver & tools engineer, DataStax

Karthick V

Karthick V

Dec 21, 2016, 5:32:43 AM12/21/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
@michael dykman I have changed my guava version to 18.0 and I'm facing the issue.