How do I add a node that has been decommissioned

Kant Kodali

Jul 10, 2016, 8:47:49 PM7/10/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

I am wondering how to add a node that I just decommissioned? I understand decommissioning a node means the token range is assigned to other nodes so I am trying to reinitialize by starting Cassandra again hoping that it would gossip again and join the cluster again but that doesn't seem to happen. don't know why?

Thanks!

Andrew Tolbert

Jul 11, 2016, 11:10:03 AM7/11/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi Kant,

This is more of a cassandra operational issue and not a driver problem so the cassandra-user list might be better able to handle this question, but I think all you need to do is delete the data and commitlog directories on that node and start it back up.  You may also need to change the initial_token if you had that set in cassandra.yaml and you aren't using vnodes before starting the node as well.

Thanks,
Andy