Reading cassandra simultaneously while writing

Kirankumar Maili

May 13, 2016, 7:02:40 AM5/13/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List

I am trying to read cassandra table immediately while data is been inserted to the table. The table is having timestamp as one of the primary key (Not the partition key). We have a spark job reads from the kafka and writes to cassandra at every 15 secs. The server component read from the cassandra almost immediately when the spark job starts inserting the data. Since the data inserting to the cassandra and is huge we are reading the data in pages. While reading in pages ,we observed that few of the records being skipped and reaches last record. I tried to read the data by providing consistency level to ALL while reading the data,still the same issue.

But when we run same logic of reading the data by pages on all ready inserted data it is working fine ( no skipping of records) . Is there any way read the data in pages while data being inserted in cassandra ?