DSE Driver - Spring Data Cassandra

Vigneshwaran Ganesan

Oct 26, 2017, 12:06:58 AM10/26/17
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Initially was using Spring data Cassandra and was able to connect to Cassandra without any issue. Now DBA recommended to use License DSE driver for connecting to Cassandra.
I have generated .truststore and was able to connect to Cassandra through DataStax DevCenter.
I was not able to connect to Cassandra through Spring data cassandra. Can anyone share the code to connect to remote cassandra.
Appreciate your help.

Spring Boot Version - 1.5.2
DSE Driver - 1.1.1

 <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId>
    <artifactId>dse-driver</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>

Alexandre Dutra

Oct 27, 2017, 10:24:29 AM10/27/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

First of all, you need DSE driver 1.2 or higher.

We have a FAQ entry about how to integrate the DSE driver with third-party libraries such as Spring Data:

Please check it out!

Thanks,

Alexandre Dutra

Alexandre Dutra
Driver & Tools Engineer @ DataStax

Vigneshwaran Ganesan

Oct 27, 2017, 10:31:21 AM10/27/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your response. Sure will change the version and try it.
I am using Cassandra Config to initialized the connection with Cassandra and never seen any example for using for DSE driver for connecting to Cassandra using Spring data cassandra

Appreciate your help

Thanks & Regards,
Vigneshwaran Ganesan
612-254-5889

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 6:06 AM Vigneshwaran Ganesan <vigneshwaran.ganesan@gmail.com> wrote:
Initially was using Spring data Cassandra and was able to connect to Cassandra without any issue. Now DBA recommended to use License DSE driver for connecting to Cassandra.
I have generated .truststore and was able to connect to Cassandra through DataStax DevCenter.
I was not able to connect to Cassandra through Spring data cassandra. Can anyone share the code to connect to remote cassandra.
Appreciate your help.

Spring Boot Version - 1.5.2
DSE Driver - 1.1.1

 <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId>
    <artifactId>dse-driver</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>

Kevin Gallardo

Oct 27, 2017, 1:43:41 PM10/27/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

example for using for DSE driver for connecting to Cassandra using Spring data cassandra

Just as a reminder and since you mentioned it, it is against its licence to use the DSE Java driver with Cassandra, it can only be used with DataStax Enterprise. Please see https://github.com/datastax/java-dse-driver/blob/1.1.2/LICENSE. The DataStax Java driver for Apache Cassandra should be used with Cassandra instead.

Thanks.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 6:06 AM Vigneshwaran Ganesan <vigneshwar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Initially was using Spring data Cassandra and was able to connect to Cassandra without any issue. Now DBA recommended to use License DSE driver for connecting to Cassandra.
I have generated .truststore and was able to connect to Cassandra through DataStax DevCenter.
I was not able to connect to Cassandra through Spring data cassandra. Can anyone share the code to connect to remote cassandra.
Appreciate your help.

Spring Boot Version - 1.5.2
DSE Driver - 1.1.1

 <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId>
    <artifactId>dse-driver</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>

Kévin Gallardo.
Software Developer in Drivers and Tools Team,
DataStax.

Vigneshwaran Ganesan

Oct 31, 2017, 10:44:36 AM10/31/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi Alexandre,

I have updated DSE driver version to 1.2 and still not able to connect. Our company having license to use the DSE driver.
DBA have enabled SSL in the Production and facing this issue that environment.
I was able to connect DevCenter after generating truststore.

Error
  com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException: All host(s) tried for query failed (tried: /x.xz.x.x:9042

Technology Stack:
Spring Boot - 1.5.2
Spring Data Cassandra
DSE Driver 1.2

[...]

Vigneshwaran Ganesan

Nov 1, 2017, 12:22:56 PM11/1/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi Alexandre,

Its resolved now. Certificate issue at my local. Thanks for your support.

Thanks & Regards,
Vigneshwaran Ganesan
612-254-5889

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Vigneshwaran Ganesan <vigneshwar...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Pavani T

Nov 4, 2017, 3:54:53 AM11/4/17
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

I have 4 nodes in my cassndra cluster and all are in same rack(Single rack). Each node contains almost 100 to 150 Gib data. And I have 20 keyspaces with replication factor 1.
Only 830 tps is occurring. I need more transactions per second. For that what i have to change. And there is one more problem with this cluster that is one of the node often turns down. I dont know why cassandra entire cluster often turns down because of one node. I know cassandra is fault tolerant but in my scenario cassandra not satisfies the zero down time.

So please can anybody help me to overcome my situation.

Thanks and regards
pavs