BUG report for java driver 3.1.0 mappingmanger exception

Joe Payne

Aug 9, 2016, 11:39:47 AM8/9/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
The mapping manager is ignoring the @Column(name="") annotation and complaining it cannot find the column during parsing.
Column eFilingId does not exist in table
AnnotationParser.parseEntity(AnnotationParser.java:131)

If change back to 3.0.3 it works as expected.

Alexandre Dutra

Aug 9, 2016, 12:10:57 PM8/9/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi Joe,

Could you please open a Jira ticket[1] and describe your problem in details. What is particularly helpful is a complete code example that consistently reproduces the bug.

Thanks,

Alexandre

Alexandre Dutra
Driver & Tools Engineer @ DataStax

Andrei Pinta

Sep 8, 2016, 4:21:30 AM9/8/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,

I encountered this issue too.
This is how the field is mapped inside the class:

@PartitionKey
@Column(name = "change_request_id")
private UUID changeRequestId;

When I try to save

Mapper<ArticleUpdate> mapper = persistenceService.getMappingManager().mapper(ArticleUpdate.class);
mapper.save(articleUpdate);

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Column changerequestid does not exist in table article_update_data

	at com.datastax.driver.mapping.AnnotationParser.parseEntity(AnnotationParser.java:131)
	at com.datastax.driver.mapping.MappingManager.getMapper(MappingManager.java:226)
	at com.datastax.driver.mapping.MappingManager.mapper(MappingManager.java:182)

Alexandre Dutra

Sep 8, 2016, 5:01:22 AM9/8/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,

Sorry but I'm still unable to reproduce this bug. I tried the following and it works as expected:

Again, if any of you guys can provide us with an example that consistently reproduces the bug, please file a Jira:

Thanks,

Alexandre

Andrei Pinta

Sep 8, 2016, 5:53:31 AM9/8/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
My bad. Really stupid mistake. Importing Column class from java persistence.
Sorry

Andrei