Detected Guava issue #1635

Debasish Sena

May 25, 2016, 7:04:38 AM5/25/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
HI,

In my project, I am trying to get values stored in my Cassandra database with the help of Jersey API. Although the Guava-18.0.jar is in the project classpath, I am getting the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Detected Guava issue #1635 which indicates that a version of Guava less than 16.01 is in use.  This introduces codec resolution issues and potentially other incompatibility issues in the driver.  Please upgrade to Guava 16.01 or later.

Please help me in getting rid of this error.
Thanks in advance...

Olivier Michallat

May 25, 2016, 2:04:16 PM5/25/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

I can't reproduce your issue. Our integration tests cover all Guava versions up to 19, I've also tried a standalone project with Guava 18.

Are you sure you're really using that version? It could be a transitive dependency or classloader issue in your app. You can try something like this in your code to check what's actually used at runtime:

    System.out.println(
            com.google.common.reflect.TypeToken.class
                    .getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation());

--

Olivier Michallat

Driver & tools engineer, DataStax