Java driver 3.0.0-alpha1 released

Alexandre Dutra

Aug 11, 2015, 11:00:36 AM8/11/15
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

We've just released a new version of the driver: 3.0.0-alpha1.

This version is essentially the same as 2.2.0-rc2 with only one noticeable addition: driver support for the new schema tables in Cassandra 3.0.0-alpha1. See the changelog for more information.

Please note that this is an alpha release; its target audience should be restricted to users testing or evaluating Cassandra 3.0. The public API is subject to change without notice.

That said, we do encourage our users to test it; any feedback from the community on this alpha release would be highly valuable to us (the Java driver team) and to the Cassandra team.

The new version has been pushed to the central Maven repository. Binary distributions will also be available on our downloads site shortly.

Thanks,

Alexandre

PS. Please note that some links in README files might take a while before they become active.
--
Alexandre Dutra
Driver & Tools Engineer @ DataStax

zhouyong he

Nov 16, 2015, 8:37:20 PM11/16/15
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi Alexandre Dutra
   when i use datastax-java-dirver query data from cassandra,i got the info:
   Connection[/10.25.161.12:9042-7, inFlight=0, closed=false] Response received on stream 8704 but no handler set anymore (either the request has timed out or it was closed due to another error). Received message is ROWS [bo (blob)]
    | java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=683 cap=683]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=683 cap=683]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=537 cap=537]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=529 cap=529]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=537 cap=537]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=529 cap=529]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=683 cap=683]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=533 cap=533]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=683 cap=683]
| java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 ... [message of size 820 truncated]
   Can you tell in which case,i will got the exception? it's to many data return from cassandra?
   BTW, the version I used is version:2.1.6.

在 2015年8月11日星期二 UTC+8下午11:00:36,Alexandre Dutra写道:

Alexandre Dutra

Nov 17, 2015, 3:37:51 AM11/17/15
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hello Zhouyong He,

This message is a debug message. There are two situations where you could see it:

1) The connection has encountered an error and has been or is being closed;
2) The request has timed out before the response arrived.

I don't think the reason here is 1) because the message says that the connection is not closed ("closed=false"), and if it were the case, you would have seen an error message in the logs.

So my guess is that the request simply timed out. Please check the following value: SocketOptions.getReadTimeoutMillis(). This value should be higher than the timeout settings used on the Cassandra side (*_request_timeout_in_ms in cassandra.yaml).

Check the javadocs of SocketOptions or the documentation on connection pooling for more information.

Thanks,

Alexandre