[RELEASE] DataStax Java driver 3.0.0-rc1

Alexandre Dutra

Dec 28, 2015, 7:37:31 AM12/28/15
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
We've just released version 3.0.0-rc1 of the driver.

This is our first – and hopefully last – release candidate before the final 3.0.0 release.

There are very little changes from beta1. In particular, the API remains the same and should be considered as the final API from now on. If you are upgrading from 2.1, make sure to read our upgrade guideThe online javadoc should be updated shortly, please be patient.

As usual, the driver is available from Maven Central and as a downloadable, self-contained binary distribution; see the "Getting the driver" section in our online documentation for further details.

--
The Java driver team
Message has been deleted

Reik Schatz

Jan 20, 2016, 3:24:50 AM1/20/16
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi Alexandre,

I am trying to build prestodb against this version (Presto is currently using 2.1.5 of the driver). There are these breaking changes:

com.datastax.driver.core.ColumnMetadata - removed getIndex() method
com.datastax.driver.core.LocalDate - removed getTime()

was checking http://datastax.github.io/java-driver/upgrade_guide/ but I didn't find any mentions of these. Could you help me figuring out what to do instead of these calls - the LocalDate I can probably figure out on my own :)

Cheers,
Reik

Kevin Gallardo

Jan 20, 2016, 9:21:37 AM1/20/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hello,

The indexes hierarchy have changed in Cassandra 3.0 and we do reflect this on the drivers. An IndexMetadata is now accessible from the TableMetadata class with the getIndex(String) or getIndexes() method. The ticket introducing these changes is JAVA-875, for more infos.

Also, I am looking at the code for the java driver version 2.1.5, and I do not seem to find the LocalDate class. So you are probably referring to the current 3.0 LocalDate class, right? If so, no this class does not implement a getTime(), however you may want to check the Custom codecs for the Joda Time of Java 8 Time libraries to get these features.

Cheers.

Kévin Gallardo,
Software Engineer in Drivers and Tools Team,
DataStax.

Alexandre Dutra

Jan 22, 2016, 12:51:22 PM1/22/16
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hello,

I will add a note to the upgrade guide to mention that ColumnMetadata.getIndex() has been removed.

Thanks,

Alexandre
Alexandre Dutra
Driver & Tools Engineer @ DataStax