UDT not getting propagated to other nodes

mayank pesswani

Jan 18, 2018, 12:48:28 PM1/18/18
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
I am setting up cross region cassandra cluster. My application creates & delete , UDT & TABLES actively.
At some point keyspace gets inconsistent with below error

InvalidRequest: Error from server: code=2200 [Invalid query] message="Unknown type test_system.basic_info2

Describe cluster is showing only one schema..

I am able to see table test1 , where test_system.basic_info2 type is getting used. but the type basic_info2 doesn't exists..

Now i am not able to execute any operation on that keyspace..

Is this is releated to schama_agreement_time? if yes how can i configure it?

Michael Penick

Jan 19, 2018, 8:28:39 AM1/19/18
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
The driver currently waits for 10 seconds for schema agreement, and unfortuately it's not currently configurable (but it will be in the future).

If the driver doesn't see schema agreement it will log one of the following errors:

"No schema agreement on live nodes after <time> ms Schema may not be up-to-date on some nodes."
"An error occurred waiting for schema agreement: <error>"

Note: <time> and <error> are placeholders for demonstration.

Are either of those errors in your logs?

Mike