Do CQL statements that are not parameterized properly get routed using token aware policy

Robin Mahony

Sep 24, 2015, 5:44:58 PM9/24/15
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,

So today we use the cpp driver without parameterized statements (ie. we just pass query strings that contain all the info.

Ie. We pass strings such as the one below directly into cass_statement_new().

INSERT INTO Hollywood.NerdMovies (user_uuid, fan) VALUES (cfd66ccc-d857-4e90-b1e5-df98a3d40cd6, 'johndoe')

).

We do not use cass_statement_add_key_index(), but that mentions it is only needed for parameterized statements. Will our queries get routed to the replica owners or do we also need to use the "add_key_index" method.

Cheers,

Robin

Alex Popescu

Sep 28, 2015, 4:10:31 PM9/28/15
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List

The driver doesn't do any query parsing, so these queries won't be routed using token awareness.