Getting Local Host ID

Vladimir Avram

Aug 29, 2016, 6:26:26 PM8/29/16
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Does the driver provide any way to retrieve the local host ID ?

Michael Penick

Sep 1, 2016, 11:58:08 AM9/1/16
On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 3:26:26 PM UTC-7, Vladimir Avram wrote:
> Does the driver provide any way to retrieve the local host ID ?

Hi,

I'm having trouble understanding what "local host ID" means. What is "local host ID"? Are you talking about the currently connected control connection?

Mike

Vladimir Avram

Sep 9, 2016, 2:17:31 PM9/9/16
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Sorry, I realize that needs more context. The application code using the driver is always running on the same node as a Cassandra node. So the control connection is to this node in my case.

Michael Penick

Sep 14, 2016, 6:55:24 PM9/14/16
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Even if the driver is on the local node the control connection may not be connected to the local node. The driver does currently have a function to get the host of the current control connection.

Mike