Relocatable RPMs for the C/C++ driver

Raghunath

Jun 20, 2016, 6:57:14 PM6/20/16
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
When installing the Cassandra CPP driver (http://downloads.datastax.com/cpp-driver/centos/7/v2.4.1/), I noticed that these RPMs are not relocatable. It will be real handy if the RPMs support a non-standard installation such as:

[raghu@testcluster cpp-driver]$ rpm -ivh --prefix=$PWD/install *.rpm
error: package cassandra-cpp-driver is not relocatable

As far as I can tell, installing from source seems to be the only workaround now, but it'd be nice if one could just grab the release RPMs and fire off a local install.

Thoughts?

Raghu

Michael Penick

Jun 21, 2016, 5:19:38 PM6/21/16
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't even know that was a feature. I can look into making our RPMs relocatable for this or the next release.

Mike

Raghu

Jun 21, 2016, 11:12:34 PM6/21/16
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com