Compiling cpp-driver with g++-4.3+ on armv7l (ubuntu 12.04)

Suleman Rai

Sep 17, 2015, 3:38:30 PM9/17/15
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Dear Micheal,

I have been working with cpp-driver on beaglebone running ubuntu 14.04 and it compiles and works fine. However recently i needed to switch back to ubuntu 12.04 on beaglebone . Updating and installing g++ installs v4.6.3 (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)) and during compilation of cpp-driver i get warnings like "the mangling of va list has changed in gcc 4.4". I was wondering how can i suppress these warnings since its causing the build to fail. I don't want to downgrade g++ to 4.3 or a lower version. Kindly advise.

Thanks.

Michael Penick

Sep 17, 2015, 7:02:45 PM9/17/15
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
I'm unable to reproduce the error on 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 using GCC 4.6.3 or 4.4.7. From your previous email it had: "comparison is always true due to limited range of data type [-Werror=type-limits]". To get past that warning you can add do the following.

CXXFLAGS=-Wno-type-limits cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCASS_BUILD_EXAMPLES=On

Would it be possible to get a copy of the entire compiler output?

Mike

Suleman Rai

Sep 19, 2015, 6:08:02 AM9/19/15
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Dear Micheal,

Following is a link to the gist files for the cmake and make commads run for the cpp-driver.

https://gist.github.com/sulemanrai/00c50deceaf917b949d5

cmake was run by cmake CXXFLAGS=-Wno-type-limits cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCASS_BUILD_EXAMPLES=On ..

Also i would like to note that i was not able to install boost libraries from the
boost-latest/ppa. It gives me :

E: Unable to locate package libboost1.55-all-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libboost1.55-all-dev'
I had to install boost libraries from source.
I installed boost 1.59 and during building i also got warnings such as warning:
comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare].
I also tried to use cmake CXXFLAGS=-Wno-psabi to suppress warnings but
it didn't help.
Thanks