Driver only tries to connect to primary DC after all DC's go offline.

Jacob

Apr 17, 2017, 2:42:47 PM4/17/17
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
The driver is configured to use datacenter whitelisting, and all the nodes from the datacenters that are being whitelisted are also being added as contact points. DC aware load balancing is also being used. If a single datacenter goes offline then the driver will behave as expected and archive to the other datacenter, but if all the datacenters go offline, then the driver will only try to connect to the primary datacenter. This isn't a problem on startup. Is this a problem with the driver, or the way we have it configured.

Jacob

May 1, 2017, 3:11:55 PM5/1/17
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 1:42:47 PM UTC-5, Jacob wrote:
> The driver is configured to use datacenter whitelisting, and all the nodes from the datacenters that are being whitelisted are also being added as contact points. DC aware load balancing is also being used. If a single datacenter goes offline then the driver will behave as expected and archive to the other datacenter, but if all the datacenters go offline, then the driver will only try to connect to the primary datacenter. This isn't a problem on startup. Is this a problem with the driver, or the way we have it configured.

Anyone have any insight?