2.8.1 should still compile on Ubuntu 14.04 ?

Silviu Caragea

Mar 1, 2018, 3:29:57 AM3/1/18
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
After updating to 2.8.1 from 2.7.1 compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 is not longer working:

/home/silviu/Desktop/projects/erlcass/_build/deps/cpp-driver/src/random.cpp: In function ‘uint64_t cass::get_random_seed(uint64_t)’:
/home/silviu/Desktop/projects/erlcass/_build/deps/cpp-driver/src/random.cpp:100:46: error: ‘SYS_getrandom’ was not declared in this scope
num_bytes = static_cast<ssize_t>(syscall(SYS_getrandom, &seed,

I also opened a bug but no response so far:

https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/projects/CPP/issues/CPP-577

Michael Fero

Mar 1, 2018, 4:57:17 AM3/1/18
to DataStax C++ Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Silviu,

The includes <sys/syscall.h> and <linux/random.h> should be included when HAVE_GETRANDOM is set during the configuration process. The TravisCI build system uses Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and the build for v2.8.1 can be seen here; https://travis-ci.org/datastax/cpp-driver/builds/341504966. CPP-563 (https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/CPP-563) was open to correct a deficiency during the configure process to enable HAVE_GETRANDOM; is it possible you need to re-configure your build or even remove your build directory entirely and perform a full rebuild?

NOTE: Artifacts for Ubuntu 14.04 can be found here for v2.8.1 as well: http://downloads.datastax.com/cpp-driver/ubuntu/14.04/cassandra/v2.8.1

~Fero

Caragea Silviu

Mar 1, 2018, 5:07:06 AM3/1/18
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hello,

I cloned from scratch and still the same... I'll try on other machines as well..

~Fero

Caragea Silviu

Mar 2, 2018, 4:55:51 AM3/2/18
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hello,

I found the problem . For some reason my machine was running the kernel 4.4.0 which is from xenial. Most probably a mistake I did while trying to put openssl from xenial on 14.04.

I reverted the kernel and now its fine

Silviu

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Michael Fero <michae...@datastax.com> wrote:

~Fero