"Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:" on OS X Yosemite

Akshay Ravikumar

Jan 8, 2015, 6:11:06 PM1/8/15
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

I just downloaded the cpp-driver, and I'm trying to get cpp-driver/examples/basic to work on my Mac. However, when I do so, I get the following error:

"_cass_cluster_free", referenced from:
_main in testing-af0019.o
"_cass_cluster_new", referenced from:
_create_cluster in testing-af0019.o
"_cass_cluster_set_contact_points", referenced from:
_create_cluster in testing-af0019.o
"_cass_future_error_code", referenced from:

What's causing this error? Is it my version of Xcode (just today, I switched from 6 to 5.1)? How exactly do I use this driver on my computer?

Michael Penick

Jan 9, 2015, 11:28:37 AM1/9/15
to cpp-dri...@lists.datastax.com
I don't have a ton of experience with XCode, but I was able to get a project working by dragging "libcassandra.1.0.0.rc1.dylib" right into the project and I also updated the "Header Search Paths" to include the location of "cassandra.h".

Here's what you project should look like with the library included in the project:

Mike