Invalid or unsupported protocol version error after insert several times in Cassandra with datastax java driver

mahmut nasif

Aug 19, 2019, 4:14:18 AM8/19/19
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Tomcat starts working normally and after the services add data to cassandra several times, I get an unsupported version error. The error is as follows;

com.datastax.oss.driver.api.core.servererrors.ProtocolError: Invalid or unsupported protocol version (0); supported versions are (3/v3, 4/v4, 5/v5-beta) at com.datastax.oss.driver.api.core.servererrors.ProtocolError.copy(ProtocolError.java:52) at com.datastax.oss.driver.internal.core.util.concurrent.CompletableFutures.getUninterruptibly(CompletableFutures.java:148) at com.datastax.oss.driver.internal.core.cql.CqlPrepareSyncProcessor.process(CqlPrepareSyncProcessor.java:59) at com.datastax.oss.driver.internal.core.cql.CqlPrepareSyncProcessor.process(CqlPrepareSyncProcessor.java:31) at com.datastax.oss.driver.internal.core.session.DefaultSession.execute(DefaultSession.java:208) at com.datastax.oss.driver.api.core.CqlSession.prepare(CqlSession.java:145)

  • cql version= 3.4.4
  • release version =3.11.4
  • Native protocol version =4
  • datastax java driver version = 4.1.0

Olivier Michallat

Aug 19, 2019, 12:10:59 PM8/19/19
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

This is really strange. The error comes from the server, so it looks like the driver is sending a corrupted frame. However the protocol version is the very first thing in the binary payload, so I don't see how it could get corrupted.

Does this always happen at the same place in your client code?

Any other errors in the server-side Cassandra logs?

--

Olivier Michallat

Driver & tools engineer, DataStax

mahmut nasif

Aug 20, 2019, 4:47:57 AM8/20/19
to DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra User Mailing List
Hi,

First of all thank you for the reply.The error does not always occur in the same place. Once it occurs, the same error occurs in all other methods.There are no error logs in Cassandra logs.

Olivier Michallat

Oct 7, 2019, 2:30:53 PM10/7/19
to java-dri...@lists.datastax.com
Hi,

I think we've finally diagnosed this bug, see JAVA-2475. We're planning a hotfix release in the next few days.

I'll write a separate post with more explanations.