Upcoming@Jacobs: Design Scholar cohort, new fall ASE position, and Juneteenth ūüĆü

Amy Dinh

Jun 17, 2022, 2:52:35 PMJun 17
to Community

Dear Jacobs Community,

Here are a few announcements and opportunities from us at Jacobs Hall as we head into the long weekend.

Happy Juneteenth!

Amy

INTRODUCING THE BERKELEY ENGINEERING DESIGN SCHOLAR 2022 COHORT
Last week the 7 students in the third cohort of the Berkeley Engineering Design Scholar program started their summer experience. The Design Scholar program is a 10-week summer research program open to all continuing UC Berkeley undergraduates in the College of Engineering or with relevant experience in design innovation. Learn more about the program and meet the Scholars here, and mark your calendars for August 12, 2022, when they will present their research findings at the Jacobs Summer Design Showcase.

You can also sign up here to receive email alerts with important announcements about the Design Scholar program, including upcoming application dates and deadlines.

NEW FALL SEMESTER 25% GSI POSITIONS

The Jacobs Institute has recently added two new 25% GSI positions for our graduate-level courses; qualified and eligible graduate students are welcome to apply. The two new positions are:

  • DES INV 219 Capstone Portfolio - 25% GSI role
  • DES INV 290 Studio Foundations - a second 25% GSI role (this person would work alongside another 25% GSI who has been hired for the course)