Design opportunities digest

Amy Dinh

Mar 9, 2021, 11:00:25 AM3/9/21
to Community
Hello everyone,

This edition of the design opportunities digest has a couple of great annual Berkeley events offered by Women in Tech and the student group Innovative Design, respectively. There's also a call for input from a student group, with a gift card thank you for respondents. Read on below!

Events
  • Women in Tech Symposium: The New Era in Human-Computer Interaction (3/12)
  • RGB Design Webinar (3/13)
Other opportunities
  • Composting Survey: 50$ Amazon Gift Card Prize!
Events
Women in Tech Symposium: The New Era in Human-Computer Interaction
Friday, March 12, 2021 | 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM

Registration for the Women in Tech Initiative at the University of California’s flagship event closes next Wednesday, March 10. This year’s symposium will examine leading-edge technologies and challenges to ensuring equitable and inclusive human-computer interaction (HCI).

As mentioned in Lauren's email, Jacobs will have an info booth at the symposium's Career Fair from 4-6pm, but there will be many other interesting panels and discussions early in the day as well.

RGB Design Webinar
SAT 3/13, 1PM-4PM PT
Reach, Grow, and Build your design career at RGB 2021! Please register via Eventbrite: http://tinyurl.com/RGB-SP21
RGB will be hosted on March 13th, and will provide students with the opportunity to listen to industry professionals discuss their careers. RGB 2021 will be a virtual event, and we'll be joined by speakers whose careers have taken them to Spotify, the New York Times, and beyond! Each speaker will have a 40 minute talk and will be available for a networking "office hour" session at the end of the event. The event Zoom link will be sent out to participants the day before the event.

General opportunities
Composting Survey: 50$ Amazon Gift Card Prize!
My team is working on a design project, and we need your help gathering user research! By completing a short 2 minute survey, you will be entered into a $50 Amazon gift card raffle while also helping us understand more about our project. Your help is extremely valuable towards our project and is greatly appreciated!

You can access our survey at: https://tinyurl.com/bi-composting-survey.

--
Amy Dinh  A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature
pronouns: she/her/hers

Share your design interests and questions via drop-in advisingemail, or scheduled appointment

COVID-19 updates:
  • I am working remotely while shelter-in-place orders are in effect. Please do not hesitate to contact me remotely during this time.
  • Updates regarding Jacobs programs & operations can be found here
  • Updates and support for Berkeley students can be found here
fb event.png