Design opportunities digest - August 19, 2022

Amy Dinh

Aug 19, 2022, 6:36:38 PM8/19/22
to Community

Hi everyone,

In addition to all of the back-to-school opportunities being offered by the Jacobs Institute team (see our latest Upcoming@Jacobs newsletter from Wednesday for more information), we also have collected some opportunities from the broader design community.

Happy start of Fall 2022, new and returning students!

Amy

General Opportunities

  • Autodesk Paid User Study

  • Berkeley Study Abroad Sticker Design Contest

Events

  • Design [Fair] at Berkeley (9/2)

Career

  • The Orchard Program at Apple, Apply by August 31!

General Opportunities

Autodesk Paid User Study

Autodesk is working on a prototype that integrates text-to-image AI models with Fusion 360. They are recruiting users with experience in Fusion 360 / CAD design for a paid user study with the tool, which would take place over Zoom and take approximately 1.5 hours of your time. Users would be compensated with a $50 gift card, and we're looking for about a dozen users.  Please reach out to vivia...@autodesk.com if you'd like to participate.

Berkeley Study Abroad Sticker Design Contest

Show off your design skills and compete for a chance to have your work printed and distributed as a sticker to thousands of students. Create a sticker that captures the spirit of study abroad and your design could be chosen. The contest is open to all UC Berkeley students, regardless if you have studied abroad or not.

The sticker will be a 3”x3” live area circle and will be in full color. The only requirements are that your design includes “Berkeley Study Abroad” and “studyabroad.berkeley.edu”.

Submit your sticker design(s) via this Google form by 11:50pm PDT on September 14.  For more details visit this page

Events

Design [Fair] at Berkeley
September 2 (Friday) | 310 Jacobs Hall

Whether you're a designer or just curious, come meet design-related clubs, decals, and organizations! We'll have an in-person fair & video presentations for all attending clubs. Learn more at the student group Design@Berkeley's website or @designatberk on Instagram.

Career

The Orchard Program at Apple

the Orchard is a year-long paid residency in Marcom focused on bringing emerging, diverse talent into our teams across many disciplines. Positions will be available for writers, designers, art directors, video producers, UX designers and web developers, brand managers, strategic and media planners, CG creatives, and interactive producers. The chance for ongoing, full-time employment in Marcom is possible upon completion of the program.

Applications are due August 31 by 11:59 pm. Click here for more information.

--
Amy Dinh  A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature
pronouns: she/her/hers

Check out the many ways you can explore design in the Jacobs community here
Learn about the Berkeley Master of Design here
Learn more about our efforts to increase equity & inclusion here

Contact me!
  • I am available via emailscheduled appointment, or drop-in advising
  • Currently, I have a flex work schedule. My bCal shows the days I am working from home; if the day is unmarked, it means I am working on campus at 103 Jacobs Hall.
COVID-19 updates and resources for Berkeley students can be found here